Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Goodbye Jeff

I kissed Jeff goodbye this morning as he left our house to go find his bus. He is going to Bamako to try and convince our company to release our container with our bikes from France. They really want us to come get it as the longer it sits in Bamako, the more we owe in holding fees. But they need proof of our wire transfer which is somehow caught up in France, so we have been stuck, unable to move forward or backward. So... he is going there to talk with them in person. Pray that they release it to him. And that he can find a good form of transportation to bring it down here to Kadiolo. Jeff will also be doing some shopping for us in Bamako. Things we cannot get here but are available up in Bamako...
Paint,
Cheese,
Toilet Paper,
Shampoo,
Soap,
Chocolate,
Nems,
Strawberry Jam,
Pickles,
Butter...
Oh my list is much longer, but you get the idea... hopefully he can manage this on his own. It takes one day to travel each way... and I imagine his Bamako errands will take him 4 days or so. So we are on our own for a week. So far so good. Except for the power outs. I don't know the system for getting the generator started and switched over to run the house power. So I am really hoping it just stays on! Pray for us this week!

5 comments:

MaryLou said...

Already gotcha covered in the prayer thing!!!

Marilyn said...

I'm enjoying your blog so much, that it has inspired me to start up my blog again. Although it won't be as exciting as living in Mali, I'm sure. So nice to stay connected in this way. Praying for you and yours. Marilyn ♥

Loren Warnemuende said...

Praying for you and yours, Heidi! ...And by the way, what are "Nems"? :)

heidibelle said...

Well all is going well. Looks like he is getting our container released. Praise God!

Crystal said...

YAY! Glad to see the container is being released : ) I am sending you a package. I am so excited to see if it will make it!