Friday, February 25, 2011

The Baptem...

Kadjatu came to pick me up for the Baptem...

Everyone loved holding Jethro until he got too tired of it!

We ate some rice and fish... Jethro thought it was great fun to eat with your hands... Kadjatu had a beautiful henna job on her hand.

Jethro got a little nap while I was there. I stayed for 4 hours... and people were still showing up to the party when I left...

Kadjatu and her friends...

Dancing is the main event... and everyone likes to enjoy it...



This is the star of the show...


The ladies who are hosting never stop working hard... even if they are dancing and visiting, they jump up to serve any newcomers...

There were lots of women and LOTS of babies!

Lots and lots of women...

These poor kids need some meat and veggies...

3 comments:

MaryLou said...

Smiles...Oh, I love the smiles!!! Such beautiful women. Joie de vivre!
It seems like they really know how to party! Think they can teach me???
Hugs and love to all!

Marilyn said...

I LOVE these pictures. I agree, all the women dressed so beautifully! They are so creative too! How do they baptize? Water, sprinkling? ♥

Crystal said...

Wonderful photos! I loved this peek inside the lives of women and babies in Mali. Thanks for sharing all these experiences~~~