Friday, February 29, 2008

Still Waiting...

Well a week has gone by. A week of walking and being fairly active, chasing around three children. And I am still one centimeter dilated. I am reminded that both God and this child of mine, cannot be put into a box. There are some times in life that we tend to think we have an idea of how something should go or might go. And these careful reminders of the fact that we are not in charge, are so valuable. For a split second I was disappointed that I was not making any 'progress'. But then I got excited. I am more excited to see how this unique experience will go. I am still 1.5 weeks before my due date. So this could still be a long wait!!! I'll keep you posted.

6 comments:

Rebecca said...

We've been feeling a lot of that lack of control with this pregnancy as well. More so than the others, I think. It's a lesson in trust, for sure! I hope you get to pop soon. :)

ATSmith said...

Nice new look of the blog. Great fam. picture.
I never felt so much out of control as I did when I was preg. waiting for "the moment." I am quite sure God was happy with my state of vulnerability; forcing a constant reliance on God and not on myself.

ATSmith said...

Heidi ... I just noticed you are barefoot in that picture! Isn't that snow on those trees?? Hee hee ...

frisky said...

Okay, I know how fast you can pop 'em out, so I'm still praying that it'll be tonight, on leap year day. So, you have one hour girlie, get to it! I just think that would be too cool. Imagine the money you'd save on birthday parties! JK! Love ya!

heidibelle said...

Amber you are so funny... Yes I love to walk barefoot in the snow. :) Gina... so sorry, no leap year baby. I did dive one hour away and scrapbooked till midnight. SO I gave the baby all my awake time to make an entrance. But I think this baby likes scrapbooking so much he/she decided to wait until I was all done!!! (Maybe I am suppose to finish last years book before the baby will come???) :)

Christine H. said...

Well, everyone said what I wanted to say...

That's so funny that you are anxious when it's not even your due date yet. I guess the previous children have spoiled you by coming early!!! : )

I can't wait to hear the good news.